Monday 12 May 2008

STICK DOLL

At long last I am back online.

Everything went well with the move, even though it was exceptionally tiring. It feels as though I have been away for months, and will take some time to get back into the swing of it.

This month i am hosting the Doll swap with the theme "Stick Doll' on the yahoo group i belong to. So with my getting my broadband back today, i decided to make my doll for the swap.



PURPLE RAIN


To make the doll, i started off first with a twig from a tree, but worrying whether the twig would rot, i changed it for a couple of skewers taped together.
Next i padded it out with polyester wadding, and secured it to the sticks by wrapping cotton thread round it.

I cut up a chiffon scarp into thin strips, wrapped it round, and added lace to the bottom half.

I used the same wool for the base and for the head, then wrapped very thin wire round it all to secure, adding a silver padlock and a flower bead to the wire.

Lastly 2 silk flowers were glued on.

The face was made from a mould, with air dry clay, and backed with acetate wings .

I just hope my partner will like it.



10 comments:

Sian said...

It's great to see you back, and I'm glad to see you back. A great stick doll too!

Sian said...

Oops! What I meant to say was It's great to see you back and I'm glad the move went well.

Bel said...

Hi I'm glad the move is over because I missed your beautiful work:) No seriously glad all went well and I'm sure your partner will love purple rain, she is gorgeous. Belinda

Sanja said...

love your stick doll!!:-)

Mieke said...

Oh, WOW its a beauty!!!
Glad you'r back!!!!!!!!!!!!

MARGARET FIELD said...

Thanks everyone. It feels weird being away so long., as if i'm having to start all over again. Give me a couple of days and i'll be rearing to go. Just need to unpack the craft room. lol

My name is Cindy said...

Yay!! Margaret is back!! What a fantastic stick doll but you've got me worried now, I used a real stick for mine lol!!

Jinny Holt said...

Wow weeeeeeee very pretty doll Margaret.glad you are back with the crafty nuts(well some of us) and that includes you Cindy lol

might do next doll swap if it is easy enough

HUGS
MOI

Viola said...

Wow, fantastic doll, Margaret!! :-)

jafabrit said...

I like how you pulled the whole piece together :)