Saturday 19 July 2008

MAMMA




Today was the draw for MAMMA's weekly challenge/swap.

This week's theme was 'THREE', so i chose a triptych, and goldilocks and the 3 bears.

It looks pretty simple, but believe it or not, this ATC took me 2 days to complete!

EVERYTHING went wrong with it. First my printer went kapoop, i'm definitely in need of a new one, but delaying because of the cost of a new one. Also the inks for the latest models are ASTRONOMICAL.
I used a free template for an ATC, which turned out to be completely the wrong size. Realized after i had finished it. So made my own in the end.

Trying to make the photos fit the 3 sides wasn't as easy as it seems, and then the glaze i used ended up with bubbles. So had to completely redo the whole lot.

I really wanted to add more embellishments to it, but time was not on my side. I seem to be spending my entire life at various hospitals just lately, ( my husband is disabled), and this week, it all seemed to get out of hand. I'm still feeling anxious over trying to fit things in. But i would NOT have it any other way.
so here is the latest ATC for MAMMA


The front


INSIDE

This is going to Bowling Belle, a new member of the New Inspirations yahoo group. Can't wait to swap with her.

I'm also swapping with a new found friend Nayski (Renne) of the USA, which is exciting.

Last weeks effort from me was with the theme "Parisienne"





This went to another good friend at New Inspirations, Wendy.

If anyone is interested in joining in with the MAMMA swap, just post a picture of the weeks's theme ATC in MAMMA's yahoo group.

Or maybe you would be interested in joining in the New Inspirations yahoo group. We are a small group, but have several things going on at the moment. We have a chain swap, where you post an ATC to the person above you in the chain, and then post another to the person below you in the chain. I've been at the bottom of the list for a couple of weeks, and waiting for someone to add to the chain.

We also have an ATC LOTTERY going on as well, which is again ATC with "Friends" as the theme. With the Lottery, you can post as many ATC's to the theme, which means you have more chance with the Lottery, and your name is put in the random generator to pick a winner.
The winner wins all that months ATC's from everyone who has entered.

We will also be doing monthly swaps with themes in the very near future.

So anyone wanting to join this group, just get in touch with me, and i , or John our Leader, will send you an invite (It is a private group).

6 comments:

Cindy Is Crafty said...

Both are so lovely, Margaret. I hope your hubby is doing better.

Maureen said...

Love that atc Margaret, came out well despite everything.

My name is Cindy said...

Gorgeous ATC Margaret, and you managed better than me, missed the Mamma challenge completely. Hope things are quieter his week for us both!!

Sherry said...

It's a fantastic ATC Margaret.

Viv said...

I am sooooo pleased to be getting this ATC..I love it!

Anonymous said...

Both of these pieces are awesome, Margaret, but I am completely enamored with your Parisienne ATC. Wow...it is absolutely beautiful! So rich and elegant!

I have to tell you, too, that I've enjoyed the music on your blog by Michael Buble. I'm usually not a big fan of music on blogs, but your music selections are well worth listening to. I was not familiar with Michael Buble until now, so you've just sold me on a new musical artist!