Monday 11 February 2008

DOTEE FACES & BUTTON FLOWERS

Managed to get a few things done today, even though i'm feeling under the weather. I woke up with a sore throat and a headache, and i keep suffering dizzy spells. Went out to the library, and had 2 dizzy spells in there. Walking around as if i was drunk, (which i wasn't lol). Managed to get some lovely books, creative stitching, and one on felt and buttons, my two crazes at the moment.

Went into the charity shop to ask if they had any buttons, and i ended up buying the entire tin full. Couldn't wait to get something done with them and so here are the Button flowers. soooooo easy to do, and quite effective


I also managed to get some dotee faces embroidered today. I have a couple to make, both for one to one swaps. One of them is for a lady on swap-bot, who is running the shabby chic dotee swap. I did try to join the swap, but was having difficulty finding my way around, and ended up missing out. So the lady said she would like to do a one to one swap with me She has been sooo helpful to me, i think without her i would have just ended up walking away from swap-bot for ever, without ever having done a swap. That would have been a crying shame, as there are quite a few dotee swaps going on.

4 little maids in a row LOL.

Did have the bodies cut out, but tonight i bought some Laura Ashley and Liberty material from Etsy, (oh god help us, now i've found that place as well as ebay, we'll definitely be into liquidation LOL).

Plus ordered lots of flower beads, both swarzovski and clay, can't wait for it all to arrive This art doll world is starting to take over me.



2 comments:

John Dyhouse said...

Button Flowers, mmmm... do you have any ideas as to how I can make something out of my buttons which doesn't entail flowers or dolls. LOL

John

BTW looks great, I am only jealous!

My name is Cindy said...

Lol at John, it is all a bit girly I suppose, evern with your take on it Margaret. Tyres? Space ships?
Love the flowers and I keep hearing about ETSY but refuse to look on the grounds I might have to get something!!

Cindy x