Friday 10 October 2008

Funky Felt Pins

This past week, i've been busy making felt brooches on the online course at Joggles with Susan Sorrell.

I've made 17 so far, but still need to do stage 2, which the embroidery and beading stage. This i received today, so will be busy next week, trying to get them done. I probably won't succeed doing all 17 this week, but intend to finish them, as they are going to be xmas pressies for art friends. Just hope they like em.

So here they are, in an unfinished state






I can't wait to get some detail onto them, and next week, i'll show you the end results.

Also this week, i've decided to give myself a challenge. Stampington & Co. are releasing new magazines next year, and one of them is Marie Antoinette. As she has become a favourite of mine lately, i've decided to make some art to put forward to the magazine. Fingers crossed they like my work.
Again i will show you them, before i send them off to USA.


I would also like to say a big thankyou for those who voted for me. it really means a lot to me.
I'm happy knowing that some people care, and I'm really not bothered about winning, in fact i know i don't deserve to win. Like I've said there are some truly amazing pieces of work being displayed, my favourite is the work of Lilla le Vine. This is a truly beautiful piece of art, and i really really really love it. She also makes amazing gypsy purses, which i first found out about on art-e-zine. In fact she has inspired me to have a go at making my own handbags (purses). Just getting together some fabrics and trimmings so that i can make a start.

Right must dash, i still havn't made my ATC for this weeks MAMMA's swap, the theme being 'Home Sweet Home".

Feeling really unwell, I seem to be in more pain now, after having the 2 teeth removed, than i was before. We should have been going out for a meal tonight, but i have had to postpone it, because i'm really struggling to eat, and feeling lightheaded, tired and in pain.

Hey ho, next week will be better. lol
xxx

5 comments:

LeaKarts said...

Love those brooches--I can't wait to see how they turn out! I hope you feel better soon.

nancy said...

Maggie, These look like great fun. I know you'll enjoy the next phase - decorating and embellishing! I'll be back to see how they turn out.
Nancy

Cindy Is Crafty said...

You had me at felt! I cannot wait to see what they become!

Jan said...

These are really funky Margaret - great idea. You will do well at the Marie Antoinette as well - the work you've already produced in her style has been beautiful. I too love Lilla le Vine - I treated myself to one of her pieces and just adore it!
I hope you are feeling a bit better today - take care xx

Genie said...

Hope you are feeling better today.
Love the pins
Take care Jean(Genie)